Tuesday, September 3, 2013

It's mostly done.

Well. I killed all three of them. Story for another time, maybe the next one. What's more interesting is what FS said before I broke his legs and left him to starve to death in the other world. Left him a gun with one bullet, mind you. It's MOSTLY done since I still have a lot of people to find, but it isn;t urgent anymore.

He told me in more detail both about his organization( the big, overarching one) and about the employer that hired his team. Turns out the latter took an interest in me, asked for me live. Might get his wish yet. Tell you what man, send me your location, and I'll make it a point to meet up with you. FS talked a lot about you, said that your a repeat customer. Some big-shot down in LA. If suspicions are anything to run by, you own the police, your own private army, and you make me look like a cuddly puppy. Kinda like some of the other psychos, except more static, and more pathetic.
Anyways, "Breaking Point" is a repeat that typically orders the extermination of all Runners in a given area. Just a lovely guy, I'm sure. What's more important is that the corporation FS worked for is terrifyingly large. As in, could probably take over small-medium countries using brute force without breaking a sweat. They move around a lot, and mostly rely on freelance teams like FS' though. Very good thing. Means that their teamwork leaves a lot to be desired, and that if I manage to find the jackasses running the deal, I can tear it down. The negative being that I have no idea on who they are, where they're located, or how I'll get there.

In other news, lots has been going on while I was in hiding, healing up from getting shot. Sanna wound up leaving her family when Incognito went and turned into something. Jack needs a new body, and is having issues with finding where the girl he's protecting has been disappearing to on the weekends. Oh, and there's someone new to our midst. Harlow, and he's being hunted by some giant eye, which is quite possible the judgment. Danny Boy's been sleep posting, which I see as something to really be concerned about.
Oh. And I made a deal with someone/thing that I probably shouldn't have even talked to. But she was such a help. And she promised she wouldn't try to break me again for a good long while. Nice lady, bit critical of others, but very willing to make a deal with me. Kinda tall, bit scaly round the tail, nice eyes, pretty smile. Really hoping I don't see her ever again. I'll tell you all about that deal at in the next post, along with details on my victory.

4 comments:

  1. You may want to fix that. I don't 'hang out' with S. I am to protect her. It was the only deal I made with Mr. Carter. To protect S no matter the cost and to ensure that she would not be brought into this mess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dangerous road. To answer the last, I would go for neither. My training leads towards the announcing, but my morals lead toward the killing itself. There is always another way. The easy way is rarely the best ~ C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a really big advantage, so the announcing it was more to distract them. The fact that in the last online message I saw him post he said he was going to kill all the runners in the area, including the guys I'd been personally taking care of made me a little less ready to give mercy, especially after he found me and shot me. Anyways, I'll look for better solutions, but if they aren't there, or taking them results in too many people dying, I will not hesitate to pull the trigger.

      Delete
    2. Just don't lose your humanity. ~ C

      Delete