Saturday, July 6, 2013

Just got back

Well. I haven't been sleeping the past few days. Didn't have any traps set up around the new room, not enough time or money. Instead of sleeping, I've been sitting in a chair, watching the door. Last night, the cumulative fatigue hit me. Actually, hit might be too nice a term. It beat me. I dreamt for the first time in a while. I'm expecting that I'll start dreaming a hell of a lot more than I have before, but this dream was more guilt based than it was based on it. I was back home, before I started running. My friend's girlfriend just went missing, and I said that we could look for her. We argued for a bit, I can't remember about what, but he was PISSED. The symbol flashed bright red over my world, and my friend just, he exploded. Blood, gore, everything, it flew everywhere. It being a dream, I wasn't all that freaked out. I was coated in gore, and I felt like shit over allowing my friend to die, but that had already happened, sans gore. Moving on, I started looking for the girl, like I said I would. A forest swallowed up the neighborhood next to the apartment complex she lived in, and I started walking towards it. Everyone I passed looked at me with fear or with revulsion, their eyes screaming at me. They looked like they would have sworn at me under their breath . . . but they had no mouths. Cue me trying to scream, because, well, people without mouths are fucking terrifying to me. Trying, as in, I couldn't. I had a mouth, but I couldn't make a single sound with it. Almost like I was born without vocal chords. That freaked me out at least as much as the mouthless people.
After about thirty minutes of freaking out, I think I broke some potted plants, I decided to move on. I got to the forest, found a cabin and walked in. There was nothing outstanding about it, so I walked out. Only to fall through a hole that led to the basement. Only this time, it looked a bit more torturey. Blood had been splattered on the walls, and a table with straps was sticky yet slick with blood. I ran out. The woods, once natural and normal were now much darker, it was as if the sun had never touched this part of the world, and the trees were much taller. This was where it turned into the other type of dream, the type lots of us are used to having. Being hunted. In the woods. Except, I found a cave, one with a truck driver. And it had a shotgun and a pocket knife in it. I ran out, right into it. The world turned technicolour, and then faded. I woke up what felt like an hour later. On the edge of the forest near the town I've been staying in. Of freaking course. I wandered through town. I knew my way back, but I wanted to make sure that the town was how I remembered it. Real. Back at the hotel, the guy was waiting. His name is Keith, apparently. Kind of a surfer dude. Not too stupid, but certainly not a genius. That's alright. He's older than me, has a little bit of college experience, and he can apparently run really fucking fast. He agreed to help me out on my projects, and said that he might post here every once in a while. He's been in and out of a catatonic state for the past hour or so, it's to be expected, I don't think he expected to be thrown into this shit.
 Unlike Med, I have very little interest in most science. I've always been much more of a soft science and fantasy kind of guy. What that means, is that instead of looking at the science and the why of it, I look at the people involved, look for anything that can't be explained by our science. Speaking of which. Runners and Proxies both, if you're willing to give me a chance to interview you in depth (online of course), I'd be much obliged. It'll just be questions involving who you are, what you were like before things started happening, that sort of deal. Maybe I'll just make a questionaire on my next post, let you guys fill it out, ask some of you more in depth questions.
By the way, in case you didn't realize it from my earlier posts, I'm just outta high school, and just turned 18 three months ago. Yippee.
Last question, am I a bad person for being somewhat happy that I now have someone to take turns sleeping with?

No comments:

Post a Comment