Saturday, August 10, 2013

Feeling Tired

Fuck. I forgot how draining it was to be alone. Less sleep, more paranoid. The being afraid to close my eyes thing is a bit new. I don't move much, but if I slip for a moment, I'm much more vulnerable all day. I suspect my group would be able to ground me, but I ain't putting them at risk of getting pulled. They're still fighting their war. I've been watching, throwing in a bit of help now and then. Three more runners got killed. I took down one of their stealth experts. From what I can tell, there's about four or so more of these proxies. They're moving well, expert coordination, most have semi-autos, one had an automatic. I'm afraid that one might have a rifle, can't be too careful. The way they move suggests radios, which means there might be another person running the operations.

I've learned a couple things from the other side. I can't share them though. No. Not now anyways. Too dangerous, too risky. For me and for anyone else. I'm getting somewhat better. I've started carrying a rebreather. Keeps some of the Azoth out. Started leaving my body faster than it's going in. I was scared for a bit. Veins were starting to look greyish. Mind you, I'm stilling coughing up a shitstorm of the stuff, just considerably less than I was a few days ago. Might be getting used to it. Now if only I had the magic cure carter found before he died. Probably help a lot. I could probably even make trips on purpose for research purposes. Med, if you find it, when you get better, tell me how to make some.

Time's up, gotta go. Interrogation time. This guy will probably take a fair amount of time. After he's done, I'll try to grab another. And then I'll move. Not out of the hub, no, can't leave the others to their own devices, they might die, but to a different section. Prally be off while I scout the area and the corresponding other area. And while I question the guy. And set up camp. Might peek in on all a you every now and then.

1 comment:

  1. You fucking asshole. Carla's still shaking. That's not the way we do our goddamn work. Gonna shoot you in the fucking leg and make sure you stay next time I see you.

    ReplyDelete