Sunday, August 4, 2013

That place

It's been a day or so since I moved. I'm tired as fuck, but I can blink. Still a bit worried. I just have to keep thinking that this is the real world. I think I'll give a little description of that place and how I got there. Should be safe. . . hopefully.

So. I went nuts with grief. With regret, with self-disgust. It was bad. At one point I stopped thinking that this was the real world. The only thing I still believed in was It. And now I believe it's name has power more than ever. Not directly over it, but over us. I know that thought can protect you, that truly believing it doesn't exist can protect you, it worked for me for a few months. I'm hoping that the symbols can have multiple properties depending on what you think as you write them. Well. When I stopped believing in this world, and kept believing in it, I closed my eyes for a few minutes, and opened them to hell.

Now, Carter made the Path sound pretty nasty, but this place wasn't the Path. It was more dead. Kind of like our reality, except darker, more demonic, and well, dead. I don't think I saw anything alive there, save two things, more on that later. I walked out of the room through rotting boards on the wall. Fog was all over, it was hard to see all that far, kinda like the dreams that It appears in. This was the world as I had left it, more trees, less hills, and a hell of a lot less people. I walked around the "town" for a bit, then turned and walked north. It's where I had been heading gradually. Made it to my hometown. It decided to attack at that moment.

Grabbed me by the leg and yanked me up. I shot at it, and it kinda reacted. More than it normally would based on all accounts anyhow. Not enough to do me all that much good, but enough to keep it from killing me. All I suffered was a broken nose and a concussion. Wandered around for a few hours, passed out, and thought it couldn't be real. Woke up in our reality, injured. I spent the next few days slipping in and out of our reality. I still don't know that I'm awake, or alive for that matter.

I said there were two life forms. It was one. Med said that Azoth is alive. That was number two. The fog that was messing with my vision, it was made completely up of small azoth droplets. I've been breathing that shit for a couple days. Coughing up a lot of it. Blood ain't black, not yet anyways.Just a waiting game at this point, I suppose, waiting until I visit again. I'll write down my theories later. Just in case I die.

EDIT: It wasn't fucking safe. Ouch, my everything hurts.

1 comment: