Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The Meet transcribed.

Alright. I said I'd transcribe that tape. We're in a bit of a lull, and I can't sleep right exactly now, so I'm going to try and type this up before shit goes down.

"Alright, Linux, Date August 22nd 2013. Meeting place, (Hahaha. Nope.). Time, approximately 5 oclock in the afternoon. I'm slightly early, I have scouted five different escape routes, I suspect two or three to be blocked by members of the organization "Shadow. Runners." I am meeting with their leader, "Frozen. Sorrows."" Silence for about ten minutes. For the remainder, Linux will be basic text, FS will be green, and anyone else will be blue

"Ahh. So glad to see you could make it, I was starting to worry you weren't coming."
"I always keep my promises. After all, a man is built on his word, is he not?"
"Why not take a seat Frozen, and I gotta ask, do you have a different name? One that won't make the freaking waiter look at us and call the fucking cops for suspected gang activity. I mean, jeez, you guys' names aren't exactly low profile."
"Anything by the same initials will do."  There's the sound of a chair being pulled back, and then FS sitting down.

"Alright, so you're the one that called me out to chat. What do you want to talk about Frankie?"
"You know? All I really want to talk about is you. I mean, you are sort of the worst thing to ever hit my crew. Tell you what. You tell me some things about you, we let you live, and I'll even tell you some things about us, and why we're here."
 "Whoah Whoah Whoah there big boy. I know you've probably got a gun trained on me right now from a window, but if you didn't notice, we're decently close to a police station. Oh, and I'm not stupid enough to come unarmed. Now, I know you can path, but if your boy doesn't get a kill shot the first go round, I'll get a fatal shot while I bleed out, and I'm pretty sure that you really like that nasty Oxygen habit."
"Alright. I get it. You think you can at least get collateral damage. Enough to make it not worth our while. Still. You're curious, you enjoy mind games, and I don't think you'll walk away regardless. So, how-"
"You know, no. We play this game by MY RULES. You tell me shit first. And then I drop the information you want."
"Mmm. How about no. Because even if you kill me, after you're dead, we will kill every single one of your little friends."
 "Ngh. Fine. Shoot."
"Good morning gentlemen. Can I start you with anything to drink?"
"Yeah. I'll take a root beer"
"I'll take a mojito, thanks ." There are sounds of the waiter walking off. "Alright. First up. We looked through your blog. Noticed you said your friend died. How bout you tell us what happened."
"I hate you. You know that, right? Fine, fine. I get it. Tell you or everyone dies. So, it started when I started. He was the one person I couldn't scare off in preparation of being a runner. He wound up following me. His girlfriend too. That's when I was still religiously using the symbol to protect my ass. Back to that later. His girlfriend wound up following him. It uh. It-"
"You know, I really wouldn't expect someone that tortures people to insanity wouldn't be so damn quiet about his own issues."
"I get it. Well. It ended poorly. She wound up dieing, and he blamed me. We wound up fighting, and I drew the symbol while I was thinking about him angrily. He died the next day. I saw him die. It was ugly. Bloody and horrible." There's silence for a few minutes.
"Oh, thank you, now, I'll have the (No specifics on food.)"
"I'll have (Nope). Oh, and I'd appreciate it if you didn't come around here until after we pay the bill. Oh. And keep other people the hell away from us. We're talking privately, and there's five hundred in it for you if you do that little favor for us," Glasses are set down, the waiter walks away. "Alright. So you've been killing people since before you really started running. Next up. What's the deal with that cognitive dissonance, and what's up with that "other world" you were talking about."
"Been a while since I called it cognitive dissonance. But uhh. I started out noticing that it only hunted people with a prior connection belying a subconscious belief in it, or a recent knowledge and belief of it. I thought that there was a definitive connection to the mind. I don't know what changed, but I couldn't stop myself from believing. I thought that the effect of the symbol would vary depending on the mental state and intention of the person that drew it. I still think I'm right, mind you, but I'm a bit more hesitant to test it, especially since I'm a bit more unstable right now. That "other world" as you called it, is actually another reality. It's connected to that whole cognitive dissonance thing I mentioned. Oh something I didn't mention online yet. I uh, pulled your buddy with me. It was funny, watching him slowly go insane. He talked a decent amount before I had to put him down."
"Funny. You think that you being a monster will make me uneasy. You know. I have to wonder. Did killing your friend make you a monster? Or did you kill your friend because you were already a monster. Do your new friends realize that you killed your old friend? Ooh! Are you already planning to kill them? Or are you going to interrogate them and drive them insane first?"
"Shut up. I don't like hurting people. I'm not a monster. I answered your damn questions, now answer mine. Why the hell are you killing runners. Doesn't your master prefer to eat live prey?"
"Well, you know, I'm not actually working for "My Master" on this one. Working for a nice guy, calls himself Breaking Point. Kinda like you actually, likes to play with his kills. Don't know what he does, exactly, but it can't be much worse than what you do. Oh. And you have one more question."
"I get two more. First. Why did you ask me here. Second, is your company a finger on a fist, or are you a lone merc crew?"
"Ohh, alright. I guess I can answer those two. I asked you here because I like to know the tougher targets. Makes it easier to kill them. Second, we work together with other groups. But we're more casually connected. There are some nice professional groups that stay with the company that hired us full time."
"Well, that's just wonderful. Anyways, I'm off. Here- is my part of the bill, I'll cover the tip. You can give me a nice ten minutes of walking before you give me a tail. I'll kill him if I have to. Have a nice day. Try not to slip in any puddles of blood."

At this point, I assume he starts walking away after pushing in his chair. After about fifteen minutes he yells something, but I can't understand what. There's an increased frequency of tapping sounds, assumed to be sprinting. A loud sound rings out, assumed a shot, and about ten seconds after, it starts crackling a lot. Linux starts coughing about three minutes later, barely audible over the crackling. It cuts out shortly after. I assume he went to that place and met up with it.
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Well. Thinks he killed his friend. Don't really think of him as the type to kill people that aren't his enemy on purpose. Still, I'm pissed at him for putting us at risk so he could get a target. If he's not bleeding, dead or shot next time I see him, I'm still shooting him in the leg.

6 comments:

  1. Linux has changed so much. ~ C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We become who we must. Whether that's for better or for worse. We've all changed I guess. Analee's less profoundly violent. Daniel's less profoundly afraid of violence. Jack left his neutrality. I got a lot more willing to do a lot more things. I'm sure Med's sense of curiosity and willingness to run borderline psychotic experiments has increased over time. Carter was kind for the most part, seemed most inclined to look for the humane answer at least. Sanna is more survivalist. Tough times require tough people or in the case of the more intense people, humans.
      -LM

      Delete
    2. Jack still is holding neutral. Med, has done crazy stuff the entire time (no offense, I admire it). Sanna has always been a survivor, I can see her outliving all of us. And Carter, was Carter. Mysterious. He had his reasons. Although, I'd like to know what you mean by "for the most part". Had he wronged you somehow? ~ C

      Delete
    3. Not specifically, no. I'm just always a little distrusting of everyone. That effect tends to stack with secret organizations, regardless of whether I like the people in them or not. And your right about Sanna, she probably will outlast most, if not all of us. Makes friends with most everyone, the only thing she has to watch out for is the non-mortals.
      -LM

      Delete
    4. That distrust may get you far. As for the immortals, most tend to keep to themselves. Even Morningstar has a few weaknesses. ~ C

      Delete
  2. You know, people are either not able or not willing to tell me those weaknesses.

    ReplyDelete