Sunday, August 18, 2013

Hunter becomes the hunted becomes the hunter

Well, looks like they're changing their focus from the group of runners to me, probably a good thing. I grabbed another one of theirs today. Spent over an hour shaking a tail. Prally need to practice that a bit more. Prally gonna get a lot whether I want to or not. Anyways, I'm safe right now. I'm letting the new guy stew for a bit. I'm gonna give you guys my theory just in case I fuck up and get caught.

First things first. I do NOT believe in the tulpa effect. I DO believe in a variant that I've not seen mentioned or named.

Second, the multiverse thing. Except it's not multiple universes, it's multiple realities. Reality branches for every chance, for every choice. And there's a shit ton of those. For practicality, I'll only refer to the ones I see and/or visit based on major differences.

Alright. Time for the big reveal . . . It is my belief that through thought, we cannot create something, but we can cause realities to intersect. Or, in some cases, we can move from one to another. Travelers, as I'm calling anything that moves from one to another, usually have stranger properties, as a result of not really belonging in the reality they are in. I'm taking a guess that it is from the reality I've traveled to, on account of seeing it there. That place was not pretty, let me tell you. I don't think the path is a part of that place, I suspect it's a different dimension based on pathers' descriptions of it, but who knows. That place was dead. Their were buildings reminiscent of those I've seen in our reality, but they were sludgy. Like mold had been eating away at them for a long time. There were azoth clouds, and there was nothing that was alive. I went into an underground bunker like situation in the other reality, found some papers. Mostly diaries from people that survived initially. It's a bit hazy, but it was either an instance of biological warfare gone horribly right, or some medical company that fucked up big time. People woke up and saw the black fog, didn't do anything at first. People started coughing it up, they started to wear government issue gas masks. That helped a little, which is also why I wear a rebreather when I visit. Well, after about a week, the news reported five people dead, and then people broke. Some people became like proxies, others went the typical insane, curled up in a ball, begging for mercy. At this point, the crazy-prepared invited the non-crazy neighbors into their bomb shelters. They survived for a few months before "something" came in. Started killing them. I don't know if this was everyone's favorite well dressed person first reality, or if he migrated to it after people started freaking out and giving up on their life. Maybe it was some batshit insane experiment, or a mutation of the azoth strain. Or maybe it migrates through worlds where everything's gone to hell, finishing it off, and then moving on. I don't know. Still hoping I can find some top-secret underground labratory that'll have more information on it. Oh, and in other news, I've been training myself in how to travel better, I can now open up much smaller holes to just look through. I can't move anything between them, which is good, because I'd rather keep everything nice and segregated in this instance, but yeah.


Oh, and just in case this guy or the next can path, do any of you guys know how to stop someone from pathing? Do I just have to restrain them? Or will I not be able to interrogate them?

Edit: Just got a brick through my window. That means I'm moving very soon. Their leader, Frozen Sorrows, wants to have a chat. In public, of course. Might go and meet him. Can't hurt. If it's public, and I'm armed, and I scout the area, and well, you get it. I mean, he already knows where I live. I'll update after the meet. Keith. Stay safe man. You guys should have a much easier time until they decide to stop focusing on you. If I meet him, it'll be on Wednesday on a beach-front restaurant. All of them'll probably be busy watching us, making sure I don't pull a gun or anything like that.

Edit 2: Alright. Everything seems green. The location has five escape routes that should work well. I don't think there was ever a point where there were less than three people walking on by.  Taking a handgun just in case anyways.

3 comments:

  1. As far as I know, if they're restrained or in pain, proxies have difficulty concentrating on using the path. I think magnets also disrupt their ability to path.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip. Already doing two of those, might as well add the magnets.

      Delete
  2. "mold had been eating away at them for a long time."

    Azoth is slightly basic, which contributes to it's corrosive properties. It's possible this is responsible for the state of the buildings.

    ReplyDelete